Within Me Without Me

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thursday 13 #11

Thirteen of my favorite things to drink!!


1. Bud Light. especially when it's ice cold in a bottle. Good thing my hubby and i prefer the same beer. i think it's one of the reasons he married me. that and i like baseball. but i digress.

2. Diet Coke. or diet crack, as it's known around our house. things are ugly in the morning if we're out. and it is an unspoken testament of my love for the hubby that if there's only one left in the fridge, i'll leave it for him. (also because he's more snarly than me without it.)

3. Gin and tonic. with lots of lime. i once had a dream that my sociology professor that i had a sort of intellectual crush on invited me over and made me a gin and tonic. weird.

4. Earl Gray Tea. it's flavored with bergamot, a sort of honey-sweet plum kind of fruit i think. comes from over on 'the continent'. yummy, and so comforting. with just a touch of honey and milk.

5. Chamomile Tea. yet another very comforting drink - with a little honey and lemon. great for cramps or a sore throat.

6. Margaritas. you didn't think i could stay away from the alcohol, did you? i like them on the rocks NOT frozen. with salt. and preferably made with the lime juice, tequila, and triple sec, not from a premade mix. oh, so good.

7. Baskin Robbins Mocha Blast. i first had one when i was doing mystery shopping, and had to buy one for a job. man i loved it!!! frozen, chocolaty espresso with ice cream all blended up, with whipped cream on top. sugar rush plus caffiene kick - yum!!

8. Root Beer Float. evokes images of lazy summer days for me. use good quality root beer - IBC is my favorite - and blue bell homemade vanilla ice cream. nothing better in this world.

9. Coffee. hot and rich, with a little sugar and some heavy cream, if you have it. normally i'm not a coffee drinker in the morning, but i do like a cup after a big meal like thanksgiving, with a piece of pie. mmmm.

10. Any red-flavored Sonic Slush. man, oh man, for the last month when i was pregnant with aidan, i went to sonic literally every day for one. just had to have something cool and fruity. and i still like them now. i pity those of you who don't have Sonics where you live.

11. Snapple Cherry-Lime Rickey. i first met this drink in college, b/c they had them at the cafeteria. loooove it! i can't remember the last time i had one. guess i should tell our kroger to special order a case of them.

12. A cool glass of good chardonnay on a hot summer day. very relaxing and makes me feel a little sophisticated and decadent. best enjoyed outside with a light dinner on the patio table.

13. Mulled wine. a good burgundy, warmed through with mulling spices and sliced apples that fills the house with spicy winter scents, and feels slow and shimmery going down. ahhhh.

What's your favorite drink??





Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. <

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I have never had a Sonic slush but it sounds really good

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Mia said…

    It all sounds good except the Earl Gray Tea. lol Im not a fan of that.

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Rashenbo said…

    MMMMMMMM - sounds so yummy. I could so go for a root beer float right now! I already had my Earl Grey tea. I have it every morning for breakfast.

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said…

    What a fun list! I love Diet Crack:) Some of these I haven't had: Sonic Slush and Cherry Lime Rickey. My favorite drink is Diet Pepsi (for N.A.) and Rolling Rock Light. Hope you have a great Thursday:)

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger mamashine said…

    Bud Light? When did you quit drinking MGD?
    All the rest sound very famililar to me from living with you. And I'm so glad cherry lime rickey made the list. I was going to mention that if you didn't. How many cases of that stuff did we drink? I don't think I've seen it since college either. Snapple is much more a northern thing-we're lucky there's any at all here...

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger PJ said…

    I'm partial to a mug of Earl Grey in the morning. My fave beverage is Kola Shampagne (either American or Caribbean).

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Tink said…

    I'm with you on the diet Coke and the teas. Diet crack... I'going to adopt that name! ;-)
    My TT is about some past and present music preferences.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger phdatc said…

    I am SO with you on the margarita! Rocks is the only way to go. And it's nice to know someone else appreciates a good mulled wine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home