Within Me Without Me

Monday, January 08, 2007

exciting news!!!

so my sister katie just told me yesterday that she's pregnant again!!!! hooray! her lucy is 1, will be 2 in may. one of the cutest darn kids i've ever seen, and my goddaughter.

i was cleaning out my closet yesterday. i decided that i won't be fitting into any size 8s or 10s anytime soon, and if ever i do, i will deserve to buy myself new clothes. so i called my sister who is always infuriatingly thinner than me, to offer her a new but slightly used wardrobe. she said sure, and as long as i'm setting things aside for her, i should set aside my maternity clothes as well.....!!!!!!!

i love that our kids are all going to be so close in age. sadie and lucy are almost exactly one year apart, and adian is 1 year older than lucy - their bdays are 4/30, 5/12, and 5/23. this one will be in august or so, so still pretty close. how fun! now if i could only get them to move south, so we wouldn't be an hour and a half apart, that would be perfect. i had to marry a southside boy.

so this saturday, my mom is coming to babysit, and jerry and i are having a date night. we're thinking about going to the dinner and a movie place nearby, where you watch the movie in the restaurant itself. not quite sure how it works, but it's supposed to be pretty cool. i was kind of all fired up to go out like we used to, go play pool and go to a bar and stay out till all hours of the night, but jerry thinks no. i'll work on him. sure it would be weird to come home drunk with my mom there, but it's a rare chance for us to go have adult time with adult beverages!

anyway, my sister said that maybe they'd come up too, and hang out with us. which i told her would be cool. looking forward to this weekend!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger mamashine said…

    Yay!! And we were just talking about that the other day. I'll get those clothes of yours back to you in time for her to wear them.

    Dude. We're too old to go out drinking. We can't hack it like we used to. :) At least I can't. I never attempt public drunkenness anymore. Only at home.

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger loni said…

    Congrats to Katie!

    Depressing as it may be for you, I'd love to be the sister receiving the size ten wardrobe! Um, eights I seem to have grown out of (mostly). It happens to the best of us.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home