Within Me Without Me

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

proud of my little guy!

so aidan has been having speech therapy every week for the past 3 weeks or so. he was very resistant at first, and the two times i was there for the appointment i had to unplug the tv so he would even give the therapist the time of day...but yesterday i got the written progress notes that they left, and i was so pleased! she wrote that he said the full names of 4 of the animals in her animal puzzle - elephant, giraffe, puppy and bunny. and that when she arrive, instead of saying, "NONONO!" and closing himself in his room, like her first visit, he went directly to the spot on the living room floor where they usually sit while she is there, and waited for her to begin her activities. he also said "ready, set, go!" when they were playing with cars.

now, i am so proud of him, and happy that he is progressing in his speech!

however, not to sound cynical, but i don't think she was altogether truthful in her report. i know he says "fuh fuh" for elephant, and "raf" for giraffe. not the whole word. i also know he says "set, go" instead of ready, set go. my suspicious mind says she's falsifying his progress to make herself look good. i guess it's possible that he is performing better for her, but i doubt it. or maybe it's not an intenetional misrepresentation - maybe she thought he said the whole word or phrase. i don't know. i guess it really doesn't matter, because he is talking more than ever before. and that's the goal, right!?

at any rate, i'm glad he is having fun with her. he's growing up so fast. he'll be ready for school in no time. we do have him on a waiting list for daycare, so he'll probably go early next year. i have been so worried about that. cha cha really spoils him, and his whole world will be turned upside down. but knowing that he enjoys the learning and structured time he has had with the therapist makes me beleive that he'll enjoy daycare too.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger mamashine said…

    Wish you lived close so he could come see me. :)
    In my book, as long as they use a consistent word that you can understand, it counts. I guess it depends on whether she's measuring for number of new words she hears, or whether the syllables are accurate. That's probably two different evaluations.
    Yay Aidan!

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Aimee said…

    The Boy is also in speech therapy - he's almost at the 1 year mark and his progress is amazing. Sometimes I think if I listen to him day to day the changes don't seem like that big a deal, but when I compare him to where he was last winter I am blown away. He used to call me "Na" because he couldn't say "mom" Now we can't get him to be quiet! But I'll take it.
    Good job, Aidan!

     
  • At 6:35 AM, Blogger Goggles Piasano Ritardo said…

    Ok Carrie I found your blog. I will link mine to yours later. Tell Jerry he needs to post on his lame blog. Just click on my comment here to enter the wonderful world of peanutbutter.

     
  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger Goggles Piasano Ritardo said…

    oh the name of my blog is Fried Spam.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home