Within Me Without Me

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

works for me wednesday #5



banana bread tip!!

my family loves banana bread, and i have a few different recipes i use. you can use whichever one you want, but my secret to making very moist and yummy banana bread is to use baby food bananas instead of just mashed bananas. i discovered this once when i only had two bananas left, so i mashed them up, then threw in a gerber #3 size jar of baby food bananas. my hubby went nuts over the result, and from then on, i replace one banana with the gerber. i've also used the banana with mixed berries one, and put strawberries in the bread too, for bananaberry bread. it turned out great.

so try it!

don't forget to visit shannon at rocks in my dryer, the hostess of works for me wednesday, for more tips!

6 Comments:

  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Doris said…

    Hi. I'll be able to remember size more than # at the groacery store. Is the #3 jar the small or large one? Thanks!

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    it's the big one.

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Rae said…

    Awesome tip! Thanks for sharing =)

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger M said…

    Great idea!I can see how baby food will work as a replacement in lots of recipes - especially when I try to use applesauce to cut down on the sugar and fat!

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    Great tip especially since my daughter is going through a stage where she hates her baby food. I will definitely try this one! Thank you!

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    Of course! I've heard of using baby food carrots in carrot cake -- why not baby food bananas in banana bread?! Unfortunately, I'm not in the baby food aisle much anymore...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home