Within Me Without Me

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

thursday 13


Thirteen Things on my Christmas List


i'm not expecting to recieve all of these things, but it never hurts to ask!

1. a stand mixer. wow they are expensive. like $250!! but they are cool, and i could get a pasta maker attachment!! i can dream...

2. a new knife set. i used to sell cutco knives in college, so nothing else will ever be good enough. of course, they are crazy expensive too, so i'll probably get some henckles or chicago cutlery. but i need some, all of mine are dull.

3. books to read on the bus to work. anything will do, but i'm partial to fluffy romance books these days!! maybe even a crossword puzzle book.

4. earrings. i haven't worn earrings in years, but now that my hair is short, many people (especially the stylish ones) at work are telling me i need to wear earrings now since you can see my ears. and i do like how they make me look a little more put together. i just don't have enough.

5. a new comforter/bed set. with shams, bedskirt, etc. a pretty one, all cotton, with 200+ thread count sheets. this is a real possibility.

6. new everyday plate set. the stuff we are using now is a mixture of jerry's and mine from before we got married. when we moved into this house 2 years ago, half of each set got broken. so we've been using whatever, just mixed and matched. i'd like one full matching set.

7. no more shower gel/lotion sets please. it's the most impersonal gift you can give a woman these days. that or maybe candles. put some thought into it, please.

8. an ipod or other mp3 player. everyone in the family has one, except for me. i haven't seen the need for one, until jerry left his in my car, and i really liked being able to choose music i listen too, instead of being subject to the radio. confession: my car is a 1996 honda odyssey, so it only has a tape player. and i, of course, have no tapes.

9. a swing set for the kids. i know, it's not a gift for me, but if i want it on my wish list i can have it. they would love it, and would love not having to wait until we go to the park to swing.

10. perfume. i'd like some estee lauder beautiful. or coco chanel.

11. a new tv and dvd player in our bedroom. we have an old tv, but it keeps turning off by itself. i think it's about dead. we also lost the remote, and neither one of us is about to hop out of bed to change the channel. so this tv rarely gets used. and i would be nice to watch some tube in bed, especially when the males in the house want to watch wrestling or criss angel or disney channel, and i want to watch a ball game. how backward is that!?

12. a big toy chest for the babies' room. for me. to get all these toys out of the living room. or at least some of them.

13. peace on earth. no, not really. i'd settle for some new cutting boards and a mini loaf pan.

so what are you wishing for this year??

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
leave me a comment, and i'll put your link here!
my 2 cents


mama duck


chupie&j's mama


butterflykisses


aimee


kelli




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



10 Comments:

  • At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A laptop ;). Happy TT!

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You MUST get a Kitchenaid Mixer. You'll love it! Do you see that, you gift buyers you? Get this girl a Kitchenaid mixer.

     
  • At 4:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great list!! I desperatly need #1 (I bake a lot for my sons food allergies), but it's so expensive I haven't asked for it. This year I asked for Bed,Bathand Beyond gift cards or LTN gift cards and am hoping to accumulate enough to get one. Good luck and Merry Christmas:D

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    My mom has a KitchenAid mixer and LOVES it. I guess it can do just about anything!

    Great list!

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Sparky Duck said…

    Everyone loves the Kitchen-Aid

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger mamashine said…

    I got a Kitchen Aid last year. It rocks. I haven't used the attachments yet though. They scare me.

    AMEN to #7.

    Hmmm...Coco Chanel... I think I heard a STORY about that....

    Fluffy romance books still on their way soon as I get my butt to the post office. :)

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger N. Mallory said…

    No, No, No, No! Ask for 300+ thread count sheets! Anything less isn't good enough. I discovered this just this year. They are wonderful and they wear much better. I swear.

    Oh, and I want the KitchenAid mixer too. ;)

    Happy TT!

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Aimee said…

    I have a Kitchenaid mixer that is old, but still rocks it out in the kitchen. I can mix anything in that bad girl. I'd really like an iPod for Christmas, as well, oh and some cookie sheets, just as a lower priced option :)
    Happy TT!

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger K said…

    I hope you get everything on your list! I really want an ipod too!

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am wishing for a lot of things but I'd really like a Macbook Pro. Of course, just like you, I can also dream!

    I hope your list will be a reality soon!

    Happy weekend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home