Within Me Without Me

Thursday, December 14, 2006

thursday 13 #6

ok, so the funny thing is that yesterday i was so frazzled, that i thought it was thursday. so i did this post, and actually tried to link it too. then i realized, umm, yea, only wednesday. so now the cool thing is that some of these things have been done already!

update on the christmas party later.





Thirteen Things that i absolutely must get done asap!!!


1. i have got to do laundry. this morning, my hubby had to dry off after his shower with an old beach towel, because all of our towels are in a pile in the closet. sorry honey!
2. i have to figure out some games and prizes for our office christmas party that is tomorrow. i already got a gift card and a cd, and i'm planning to make hot chocolate jars too. gotta hit the dollar store tonight for the jars and ribbons.
3. need to go shopping again for an outfit to wear to a friends christmas party on saturday. these are some "fancy friends" of ours, so we decided we need to raise the bar a bit so we're not underdressed. last weekend was casual, but i think something sparkly and slinky is definitely in order for this party. (woo hoo! two shopping trips in a week!)
4. must get a haircut. seriously, all i need is a green shirt and brown pants, and a dog named scooby doo. like, jeepers!
5. we haven't decorated our house at all yet. got to get it done! i swear, when i get home, i'm just so tired, i just want to put it off until tomorrow. plus i'm dreading fighting with aidan over why he can't tear down everything we put up. did i mention he's in his terrible twos?
6. must send out christmas cards. finally got the stamps yesterday, now i'm trying to locate/organize all the addresses.
7. take off old polish/re-do my toenails. i don't have the i'm-pregnant-and-i-can't-reach-my-toes excuse anymore for how bad my feet look. right now my toes are half natural nail, and half maroon. i'm embarrased. i think i'll do them sparkly red for the party.
8. finish processing these two new hires i'm working on. instead of blogging at work.
9. buy aidan some chicken nuggets and string cheese. i always feel like a bad mommy when our nanny tells me that we're out of something and i need to go to the store. she asked me this morning to get some nuggets and cheese, because we are out, and they are some of the only things aidan will eat these days. and i even went to the store last night, but i totally forgot. sorry, kiddo.
10. pull out my mom's and sister's gifts to wrap and take to them on saturday. they're both going out of town for christmas, but we'll all be at my mom's this weekend for our annual cookie baking day. so i need to have their gifts ready.
11. get deodorant. i managed to scrape enough off the edges today so i don't smell (i have an emergency one in my desk drawer at work, so i used that when i got here, just to be sure...) but i need to buy more today, cause now it's really gone.
12. figure out which bills can wait until next paycheck, and budget for the rest of our christmas shopping. good thing is, we get paid three times this month, so mortgage can wait til next paycheck. cool.
13.get myself some chocolate or something,quick, because i'm starving!




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. becky
2. mikala
3. chupie&j's mama


4. caylynn


5. carmen


6. phdatc







Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



6 Comments:

  • At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow. What a to-do list! And I can totally relate to #1 especially. :) Happy Holidays!

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said…

    Ok, #1, 4, 7, and 11 really made me laugh out loud. Especially #11- I did that last week. Very sad. I am with you sister on #7 and #12. My youngest is 2, so I haven't been able to use the pregnancy excuse for a LONG time and my toes are two toned too (hmm say that 3 times in a row). And #12 has been a monthly thing for me lately. Hubby's company just lost their biggest customer yesterday, and jobs are being cut. He's safe (for now), but say a little prayer for us that it stays that way or #12 could turn really ugly. Have a blessed day and good luck finding something sexy and sparkly to wear to your party:)

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Wow - everyone is so busy right now with holiday stuff!

    Happy TT!

    I’m up!

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Carmen said…

    I am so glad that my team works remotely, and no office parties for me!

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Caylynn said…

    Good luck accomplishing everything on your list! I had to laugh at #4 and 11. :D

    Happy T13. :)

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger John Holland said…

    Your list reminds me of all the things I have to do. I don't have to paint my toenails but I have so much else I need to get done and just can't seem to find the hours in the day.

    My 13 is up if you want to check it out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home