Within Me Without Me

Thursday, December 07, 2006

interviewing for promotion!! (tt#7)


Thirteen Things that I will say in my interview tomorrow!


1. My nine years of experience in various division of the department have prepared me for a supervisory role
2. I am adaptable,
3. professional,
4. dedicated,
5. and am able to work under any type of supervision.
6. I am functionally bilingual.
7. I understand the challenges of this position, and am eager to meet them.
8. I can offer knowlege of and experience with all aspects of the probation department,
9. which will support me in this role of representative and liason to the Court.
10.I work well with others,
11.I am creative,
12. and I look forward to using these traits as a leader, to improve the quality of work and morale in the Court unit.
13. I'm the best candidate for the job!

and of course i will back up my claims with examples.

so what do you say - would you hire me? unfair question i suppose, since you haven't met the other applicants.....

here's the problem. i really do want this job, but i'd prefer it to be in one of the other courts. we work in three of them, three different judges. the judge in this court is pretty off the wall and rather snarly. so i think to myslef, i would love this job, but what if i actually get it? i'd have to work under judge s! but then the practical side of me kicks in - $6000 per year raise. hmm. gotta go for it. when it comes down to it, we're all pretty sure that the powers that be already know who they will promote, and the interviews are just a show. but i figure, if it's not me they choose, i should at least make the "chosen one" sweat it out and work for it. ;-)

i'm going tonight to buy a new suit - the few i have either don't fit all that well anymore, or have buttons missing!!!
going to hit the palais royal one day sale.

wish me luck!!!


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
my 2 cents


chupie&j's mama


carmen


aimee


gail




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



7 Comments:

  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger Gail Martin said…

    Good luck with your interview.

    Thanks for visiting my TT!

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger phdatc said…

    LUCK! LUCK! LUCK!

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Carmen said…

    well, i hope you get the promotion!

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger K said…

    I have an interview tomorrow, too... and I might just have to borrow some of the things you're going to say, because they all sound pretty good to me. :)

    Best of luck to both of us!!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said…

    Good luck on your interview! Your 13 interview points sound very good. As someone who used to interview potential employees, I'd hire you. Have fun shopping for the new suit:) Thanks for visiting and happy Thursday!

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Blog said…

    GOOD LUCK!!!! You'll do great. :)

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Aimee said…

    good luck, buena suerte, bon chance, break a leg, ad infinitum! I'm pullin' for ya -- and I think being functionally bilingual is a big asset - my husband is always looking for someone bilingual for his office.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home