Within Me Without Me

Thursday, January 04, 2007

random bits, oh, and thursday 13 too

so last night was 10 lords a leaping. i figured a lord and an earl are pretty close to the same thing, feudally that is, so i got him the first season of my name is earl - one of our favorites that we always seem to miss. he was thrilled. ok, so it was sort of a gift for me too....damn that's a funny show.

the boys went back to school this morning. surprisingly, they were both pretty easy to rouse.

so on the bus to work this morning, i was sitting in an aisle seat, and the guy across the walkway from me was in the window seat. and out of nowhere, he just threw up all over himself! i think he may have gotten some on the lady in front of him too. poor guy. i felt so bad for him because he was all embarrassed, and apologizing, and i had nothing to give him to wipe himself off. the lady in front of him pulled out one of those tiny travel size packages of kleenex, and gave him one. what a cat. i almost gave him the maxi pad i had in my purse, but thought better of it. although i think it would have worked better than one stinkin kleenex. anyway, he got off at the first stop, and as soon as he left, she leaned up and told the driver, um, this guy just got sick all over the floor back here. and the driver said, um, ok. what is she supposed to do, break out her mop bucket and put the bus on auto pilot? just deal with it, lady. i'm glad i'm a mom, because a little spit up doesn't phase me at all.

anyway, so after that, another guy comes up to the front of the bus, when we were stopped at a red light, and asked to get off there even though it isn't a stop. usually the drivers don't mind, but this one said no. he was obviously in a hurry, and being kind of huffy. so he sat down in the second seat and waited til we got half a block up to the stop. let me remind you, dear reader, that it's been raining here since last night, so floors are a little slippery. and no vomit up by the front of the bus. so this guy stands up before the bus gets to the stop, all itching to get off right away, and as the driver brakes, he lost his footing and fell right on his butt! the bus stops, he stands up and says in this scathing voice to the driver, it's slippery there! and stomps off the bus. no, dude, you're supposed to wait your dumb ass in the seat until the bus stops. and i'm sorry none of us had the courtesy to wipe the floor off after we tromped onto the bus with our wet feet. i don't think the aisle is big enough for one of those "piso mojado/wet floor" signs.

ugh. people.

and so ends the feel-good of the christmas season.

or maybe i'm just pms-ing and feeling growly. probably that.

so on the the thurday thirteen......

13 things that annoyed me in the last few days.....

1. on new year's eve day, walmart actually had all their valentine's day stuff out. give me a break.
2. jerry put noah's lunch money in noah's shoe this morning before he left because he was afraid i'd forget to give it to him. he didn't say that was why, but i just know. like i'm the only one who forgets things.
3. it's cold and rainy, and has been for days. i'm tired of it.
4. last night when jerry let the dogs in, they tracked mud from the door to their crate. and he just left it there.
5. i think they have the air conditioner on here at work, even though it's 50 degrees outside. i'm cold!
5. we have a huge pile of crap on our kitchen counter that refuses to go away. no, not real crap. just papers, reciepts, books, phone chargers, coins, watches, sales ads, mail, etc. i want to just sweep it all into the trash, and deal with the conseqences if i accidentally threw away something we needed.
6. our interest rate on the mortgage is going up again. we need a fixed rate, but can't get a good rate yet. still fixing credit. grr.
7. both of our tvs are on the fritz, and we don't have the money to buy new ones. and i'm not looking forward to the argument that will ensue when hubby wants the flatscreen, and i'm too cheap and shrewish to say yes.
8. unitas is starting up again (our marriage prep class that we're a sponsor couple for) and we need to get a sitter for sadie. alec can watch aidan, but he's not quite comfortable enough with the little one. jerry feels like it's no problem just to take her with us, but i don't want to because i end up holding her the whole time, feeding her, soothing her, etc., and i can't really devote attention to the group going on. i'd get so much more out of it, and be able to put more into it if the baby wasn't there.
9. i'm the only one who hears the babies cry on the montior. and the only one who gets up in the middle of the night to sooth or feed them.
10. jerry made the comment the other day about how i must be jazzed to go back to work, since the stay-at-home mom stuff is really hard and wears me out. i had to bite my tounge before i said that even though it's hard, i'd do it in a heartbeat if we had the money, and if i thought he really appreciated how tired one can be after "just staying home all day."
11. i annoy myself with my procrastination. i'm sitting here justifying to myself that it's only a three day week with the holidays, and no one expects anything to get done in just three days. i'll wait til next week to get down to work.
12. i still need a haircut. i'm going on saturday. i want to get highlights too, but i'm too cheap to pay $80 for it. but last time i tried to do it my self from a box, i jacked it all up and ended up looking like i fell in hydrogen peroxide.
13. i have a headache and i forgot to bring my tylenol to work with me!

so you can now join me in my pissy mood, or go and have yourself a wonderful thursday!

10 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Barbara said…

    We have that same huge pile of crap on our kitchen counter. I think it keeps multiplying at night! Very frustrating.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Frances D said…

    Sending healing vibes and good wishes your way.
    When I was younger I jaked my hair up three times. Once I thought I'd try black out - I ended up paying to have my hair bleached and re-dyed it's natural color.
    Then there was the time I wanted to do auburn and ended up with Woody Woodpecker red.
    And then there was the time I enlisted my husband to help me streak my hair blonde. I looked like I fell in a bottle of peroxide too.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Frances

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger alisonwonderland said…

    i considered doing 13 things that annoy me, but i ended up with 13 things i want to do in 2007. :o)

    hope venting helped! i know it does for me!

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger John Holland said…

    Number five is my house. I am afraid to see what I might find under the huge pile of crap on my counter. My luck it will be a bill I was supposed to pay a month ago.

    My 13 are up.

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Crazy Working Mom said…

    That huge pile must be a universal thing! I have it too!!! *LOL*

    Good luck.

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Amy Ruttan said…

    I have been have a week like that since I just returned to work. You have my sympathy, I understand.

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Raggedy said…

    I don't think I will take the bus..
    they are get earlier and earlier with holidays! Feb 15 the easter stuff will be out..lol
    I hope things go better for you soon!
    My TT is posted

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Aimee said…

    GAH!! We so have #9 in our house too. As a matter of fact, Rob doesn't even deny it anymore, and he can't even locate the baby monitor half the time. SO I just compensate by poking him when I hear the baby and telling him to "go see what's wrong" I'm his own personal baby monitor :)
    Hope your day got better -
    Happy TT!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    most of those annoy me as well..good list

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger phdatc said…

    You know it's funny, I was a major crab myself with a good dash of pissy thrown in for good measure. Must have been something in the air.
    Thank goodness for wine!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home