Within Me Without Me

Thursday, January 18, 2007

thursday 13 #10


Thirteen Things I want for my kids



1. I want them to know they are loved, even when i'm fussing at them

2. I want them to be good. not just well behaved, but turn out to be good people.

3. I want them to know and love God, and to be involved in church

4. I want them to be intelligent. they don't have to be super geniuses, but i don't want them to have to struggle through school and life.

5. I want them to be confident and secure, and not follow the crowd (at least not too much.)

6. I want them to be healthy.

7. I want them to become responsible people.

8. I want them to live up to their potential, and develop high expectations of themselves

9. I want them to feel like they can tell me about what's going on in thier lives, no matter how old they are. i understand there will be times they won't want to, and times i wont want to know, but overall, i want them to know i'll always be there for them, no matter what mistakes they make.

10. I want them to play team sports. not only is it fun, there are so many lessons that boys and girls learn when they play on a team of any kind.

11. I want their dad and i to have a loving, committed, and happy marriage, so they can see what that looks and feels like, so they'll know what to look for in a spouse of their own.

12. I want them to know the joy of making someone else happy. That it is in helping and giving that we are blessed.

13. I want them to be happy. I list this one last, because if they have all the others, this one will follow.

there are tons of other things i could list. we as parents just want the world for them. you understand. i'm always wondering if i'm doing it right.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



10 Comments:

  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    Very well said! I think that is a wonderful list that ALL parents should want for their children. I know I do!

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger loni said…

    What a great post!

    These are all the things I want for my girl, too. I couldn't say it better myself! :)

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger K said…

    What a sweet list! These are all excellant things for them to learn!

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Blogger Goggles Piasano Ritardo said…

    i don't understand thursday thirteen. its too much readin'

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Aimee said…

    My mental list is practically identical, and if these are the things you want for your kids, then you are pretty much on the right track to "doing it right"!

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger A said…

    Excellent List for Thur13

    http://www.curvatude.blogspot.com

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Bubba said…

    What a great list! I don't have kids...but if I did, I'd want them to have everything on your list.

    My list is up...happy TT!

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great list! I would want the same things for my kids as well...u put them all together very well!

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great list and very well put. These are excellent things to strive for.

     
  • At 2:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thats a beautiful list and if you have babybooks, I hope you put that it in it..Thanks for sharing that with us

     

Post a Comment

<< Home