Within Me Without Me

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

we're getting there.....

day 3 -

so i was inspired by t with honey's comment from the other day, and i tried sitting with him for a few minutes before gearing up to leave. i asked him if he would like to eat breakfast with me, and we sat in the cafeteria while he ate his little bowl of oranges. and when he was done, i asked if he wanted to go play with the other kids, and he said yes! we went back to the classroom, and then he started to lose it a little. but i didn't have to pry him off me today. he did cry, but he sat on the floor with the teacher and the other kids after i kissed him and left.

so when i called about an hour later, they were watching a bible school puppet show, and they said he'd done really well today so far...no crying. not really playing with the other kids yet, but at least no crying.

yesterday cha cha was very concerned b/c when she picked him up he was very pale and lethargic. when she got him home, he pounced on the food she had for him. he hasn't been eating at all at the daycare, and he has also still been fighting us on the earlier bedtime. so i had to explain to her that no, i don't think they're drugging him, he's just tired and hungry! (plus screaming for an hour or so takes a lot out of a kid) we're getting there. each day is better.

and now for something completely different.....how do i get sadie to quit biting me? i've tried ice, food, teethers, anything to stick in her mouth to keep her from attacking me. she's got 10 of the most painful teeth ever. i swear, she will walk right up to me and bite the back of my leg, or bite me right on the bo*b when i'm holding her. and dang, it hurts. any suggestions?

4 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger T with Honey said…

    Good luck with the biting thing. I think I finally got over it by the time I got to high school.

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger mamashine said…

    I'm mean. I used to thump Gillian in the mouth when she did it. It's not for everybody, but it worked for her.

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger Aimee said…

    Baby Girl has started that too!! It must be the age or something - except I'm lucky that she only has four teeth still! But she comes up to my leg and then takes the tiniest bit of skin and then sinks her teeth in for all they're worth. And then Rob has to pry me off the ceiling.
    I tell her NO in a very stern voice and then take my two fingers and tap her on the mouth. I know it doesn't hurt her, but the fact that I am yelling at her AND tapping her mouth just makes her stop for some reason.
    Good Luck!

    Oh, and it sounds like your little man is getting there with the daycare :)

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    i thump her on the nose too, and she laughs at me. seriously, she thinks that is just hilarious.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home