Within Me Without Me

Thursday, April 19, 2007

ode to ice cream

This post is devoted to the perfect food, ice cream. oh, the variety of flavors! the versatility! the ubiquitousness! ice cream transcends age and social barriers, and brings us all together! ok, maybe not, but it sure does taste good.

that being said, let me show you this, which i'm pretty psyched about. you know the fam and i will be participating:


go here for more details. Right on!

and now, without further ado, here is my thursday thirteen......

Thirteen favorite ice cream flavors!

Note: i must admit these are in no particular order. i couldn't be forced to narrow this down to one absolute favorite!

1. Blue Bell Blueberry cheesecake
2. Blue Bell King Cake - cinnamon ice cream with bits of pastry and swirls of icing - yum!!
3. Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey - banana ice cream with chocolate chunks and macademia nuts. oh.my.god. it is good.
4. Ben and Jerry's pumpkin cheesecake. do you sense a cake theme here?
5. Blue Bell Cookies 'n Cream. the original and still the best.
6. Breyer's Double Churned Vanilla. just your basic vanilla, but it is the thickest creamiest ever. like buttah.
7. Kroger brand Dreamsicle. i know! it's a store brand, but the mix of vanilla ice cream and orange sherbet is to die for.
8. Bomb pops. you know, the ones we got from the ice cream trucks, with layers of chocolate, banana, and chocolate. ah, nostalgia.
9. Ben and Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough. again, the original (as far as i know) and the best.
10. Blue Bell Pecan pralines 'n Cream. vanilla ice cream with gooey sugary pecan goodness swirled in.
11. We made some homemade ice cream a few years ago, that was vanilla cinnamon, made with butter and heavy cream. oh, it was good. i credit alec with the idea for the flavor.
12. Blue Bell Peaches 'n Homemade Vanilla. tastes like summertime.
13. Blue Bell Peppermint. peppermint flavored ice cream with red and green bits of peppermint candy. perfect minty-ness.

i could go on and on, and i probably missed some favorites, but these popped into my head first. What are your favorites?

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels:

9 Comments:

  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger The Rock Chick said…

    OMG! The Chunky Monkey is my favorite!!!! Another fantastic one is Breyers "Banana Bonanza"....fabulous! You can never have too much ice cream :)
    Great list! Happy TT!
    Jessica The Rock Chick

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Marie said…

    i love ice cream!!! there's no problem in the world that a scoop of ice cream can't solve, :) :) :) well, sort of....it clears your mind from some blurry stuff. have you tried coldstone's ice cream? it's yummy, too!

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Qtpies7 said…

    Hagaan Daas Baileys!!! Yummmmmmy!

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yummy list..I am a Chunky Monky/Chubby Hubby fan...I want some now!


    Amys random thoughts is having a blogging scavenger hunt starting May 1st. Details were announced today..Hope you will join the fun!

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger L^2 said…

    Yum, now I'm hungry for ice cream!
    The mint flavors are always my favorite, peppermint, mint chocolate chip, mint chocolate chunk. But I also have a soft spot for chocolate chip cookie dough and cookies n' cream.
    I've heard there's some brand that makes cookie dough fudge mint chip. I've never had it, but I think that would be my ultimate favorite. :-)
    Happy TT!

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger mamashine said…

    Oh, yum. Baskin Robbins Gold Medal Ribbon, Ben & Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie, Phish Food, Turtle Soup... love me some B&J.

    And oh, that other comment talked about Haagen Daaz. YUM. Also I like Frusen Gladje, which you can't get in Texas.

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Goggles Piasano Ritardo said…

    New flavors in honor of Carrie and Jerry: Creamy Carrie and Jerry's Chunky Junk. I know my mouth is watering right about now.

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey is my all-time favorite ice cream. Great TT list. Happy Friday!

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Aimee said…

    How appropos that I come upon your ice cream list as I am guiltily scarfing down ice cream so the children don't see me and ask for a bite - don't mess with Mama's ice cream.
    Up here in PA we have a brand called Turkey Hill which is some of the creamiest, dreamiest ice cream ever churned. It's like it was churned by angels! Their Coffee and their Cookies n' Cream are some of my faves. I also like B&J Brownie Batter and their one that is Cookie Dough and Brownie Batter swirled together (I forget the name)
    Right now, I am eating Blue Bunny Lite Peanut Butter Fudge and it's pretty good. I know lite ice cream is a crime against all that is good and holy, but I am such a hog around ice cream that I have to do something. Blue Bunny has some of the best reduced fat out there.
    Oh, now I'm at the bottom of my bowl . . . sigh . . .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home