Within Me Without Me

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thursday 13 #15

wowee wow wow - thursday already!!!

13 things I believe (or don't believe)

1. I believe that God created the earth and all inhabitants, and that we are not here out of pure big-bang coincidence.

2. I don't believe that humans are fully responsible for global warming. but for an interesting and well thought out foundation for discussion of this topic, go visit aimee. she made me think.

3. I believe it's impossible to spoil an infant by holding him/her too much.

4. I believe that in general, and eventually, people get what they deserve, and what goes around comes around.

5. I do not believe that police officers arrest people "for no reason."

6. I do not believe that there is intelligent life on mars.

7. I do believe that God could have and maybe did create other life forms in other worlds or other times.

8. I believe that "political correctness" is ruining our country.

9. I believe that phil garner (finally!) made the right decision to take brad lidge out of the closer role.

10. I believe that mark mcguire and barry bonds knowingly used steroids.

11. I believe OJ did it.

12. I believe that marriage is a vocation equally as holy and important as priesthood or religious life.

13. I believe that life begins at conception, and that a woman's "right to choose" ends with choosing whether or not to have sex, not with whether or not to abort a fetus.

How that for opinionated!!?? What do y'all think?

10 Comments:

  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Great list for the week

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Artpuppy said…

    Good choice on what to write about. :)

    -Artpuppy

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I agree with almost all of those, good list. My TT13 is up at http://anyapples.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Marie said…

    i totally agree with you on your list, well, except for #9, i'm not quite familiar with what's going on with that, so i have no right to make an opinion, fair enough???? great idea for this week's T13 list.

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Lara said…

    i think #12 is awesome and well-worded. choosing marriage doesn't mean you have no calling - it just means you're being called to marriage. i've always felt strongly called to be a wife and mother, and i think that it's a worthwhile calling, too. great list. :)

    mine is up if you'd like to come visit!

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger The Rock Chick said…

    Great list! Opinionated is one of my favorite personality traits :) It means you are interesting!!!

    Happy TT- Jessica The Rock Chick

    P.S. I think OJ did it, too!!!

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    I agree with you on all points except for the "closer" thing. I'm clueless on that.
    People do get what they deserve...if not here on earth, they will someday in heaven.
    Thanks for sharing your TT!

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger phdatc said…

    Love Ya Girl!! I don't agree with all of it, but I love ya for your wonderfull opioninated self!

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your TT rocks! I don't know what #9 is about, but I full agree with the rest. I think OJ got away with murder because he was a former football hero and could afford a well-funded defense (which he has yet to pay for). Great TT. Happy Friday!

    My TT is up also.

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Aimee said…

    Love your list! (well, except that I have no idea what #9 is about, but I'm ok with that :) And #3 should be engraved on a plaque and given to new parents in the hospital. The advice to let an infant cry it out has caused a lot of angst. And I'm not talking toddler-who-is-avoiding-bedtime-by-crying, I'm mean a little bitty baby. Hold Them!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home