Within Me Without Me

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thursday 13!


Thirteen Unique Things about Carrie



1. i have a mole on the sole of my right foot.
2. i eat broccoli with mayonaise (or as my husband calls it, "prison style").
3. i refer to my dogs as "the girls".
4. i can't give blood here in the states because i lived in london for four months during the mad cow disease scare.
5. i played the oboe in high school.
6. until just recently, i thought the chorus of the song "Drift Away" started with the words "gimme the beach boys and free my soul..."
7. i have a gray streak in my hair, in the same place i used to have a brown streak when i was a kid.
8. i am allergic to sulfa drugs.
9. i love, love, love baseball and the astros. i love to talk baseball with my husband (or anyone for that matter) and my male coworkers are often amazed by my knowlege. this makes my husband very proud.
10. when i was pregnant the first time, i couldn't stand the sight of bones. (chicken bones, ribs, etc.) they made me feel sick.
11. i have kissed nolan ryan's son, reid.
12. i bought my husband's wedding ring on ebay, and he got mine at a pawn shop.
13. i dropped out of an algebra class in college because it was too easy, and enrolled in a harder one.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
leave me a comment, and i'll put your link here!
tracie


chelle y


heather


my 2 cents


caylynn


mama duck


chupie&j's mama







Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



12 Comments:

  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Tracie Nall said…

    My husbnad is allergic to ulfa drugs.

    Does that mean that they won't ever let you give blood, or after so many years will they figure you don't have the Mad Cow Disease??

    Great list. Mine is up!

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger mamashine said…

    Oh, this made me laugh. how did I not see you eat prison broccoli when I lived with you?

    I can't give blood either. Ever again.

    And I think I was there the night you kissed Reid Ryan. :) That was fun.

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    from what i understand, i can never give blood, until they change their standards.

    yes, kel - you were there on the reid ryan night - at palomino's!!

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    My husband eats cauliflower with mayonnaise, and I thought he was the only weird one out there! :) I am also allergic to sulfa drugs...they give me makor hives!

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Makor was supposed to be major! :)

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger K said…

    What are the lyrics? I've always thought they were "Gimme the beach boys and free my soul", too....

    Anyway, an interesting list there! I love reading lists like these!

    Have a great Thursday!!

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great list. :) Hubby can't give blood in Canada either, because he was on course in the UK for six months during the mad cow scare.

    Happy TT. :)

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Mama Duck said…

    How interesting! Happy TT!

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    my 2 cents: the lyrics are "gimme the beat boys, and free my soul"

    my husband had a great time telling me how silly i was. but i'm soooo glad to know that i'm not the only one who thought it was about the beach boys!!! you rock!

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger mamashine said…

    I thought it was the beach boys too. Especially since the next line is "I wanna get lost in your rock and roll". Just makes sense.

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said…

    I'm not allergic to sulfa drugs, but they make me violently ill. #2-GROSS!!!:) Great TT. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great rest of the week.

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger N. Mallory said…

    I thought it was "the beach boys" too.

    As for the Mad Cow Disease thing, it can take anywhere from 7 to 20 years or even more for Mad Cow to show up in humans after you contract it. However, Americans are just being snobby and short-sighted by their regulations. The fact is that Americans are at a much higher risk than most other countries. We only test 1% of our meat for Mad Cow and follow less strict regulations that would prevent our cattle from contracting it.

    Anyway, happy belated TT.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home