Within Me Without Me

Thursday, August 17, 2006

un freaking believeable. the saga continues....

so the new company i called now calls me back, and says they are in the kingwood area (which, if you know the houston metro area, is about an hour and fifteen away from where i live in pearland). they won't service my area. great. so i call the warranty company back to see if there's anyone else i can try. this time the lady tells me that it is company policy to wait for four hours before giving another referral to a different company, so that the first one has a chance to call back and make the appointment. what!? i explain that i already have an appointment, it's not soon enough. when i called back and got another service company number, no one made me wait four hours. why all of a sudden is this four hours so important? i've spoken with both places, everyone has had a chance for my business, i'm still hot and it's not going to get cooler, what's the hold up? she puts me on hold to talk to her supervisor. she gets back on and tells me that she has to verify that i really do have an appointment booked for tuesday before she can try another company - it's not that they don't believe me, its' just company policy. policy schmolicy. at this point, i asked her when she started the four hour clock, because i know it's been four hours since i first called the first people - they took two hours to call me back, which shouldn't count against me!!! anyway, she gets back on the line and says she's called and verified my appointment, and has called the kingwood one and now needs to hear back from them to verify that i actually spoke with them. unbelieveable!!! so i'm here waiting for her to make sure i'm not lying about calling these people, and when she's done with that she'll call me back and give me someone else to call. by that time, i'm sure it will be 5:00 and everyone will be gone for the day. perfect.

why is it that the things that are supposed to make life easier always end up making it more difficult?!?!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:24 AM, Blogger phdatc said…

    Care ~
    It's days like this that make me glad I am renting!

     
  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger mamashine said…

    updates? anything doing better? or are you sweating in a corner somewhere?

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Carrie said…

    yes, at about 5:30 a very nice vietnamese guy called and said they could come out tomorrow between 11 and 2 to work on it. they showed up and did the work no problem. thank god - we had company over for sadie's baptism that weekend! pics and comment to follow.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home