Within Me Without Me

Monday, April 30, 2007

another no.

first of all, thanks all of you for the well wishes, prayers, and internet luck sent my way!

my boss called me in early today, to tell me i didn't get selected. she was very supportive, and told me not to get discouraged. i was submitted in the top three, so that's good news, at least. the lady selected has about 10 more years of experience than me, so it's cool. my boss told me i did great, and she really thought i might get the nod this time. but alas, no.

man, i was already spending my bigger paychecks in my head, too. growr.

oh well. there are still a lot of people moving around, retiring, new positions opening up here and there. so in the next few months, there will be other opportunities, and the right one will come along.

we had a great weekend though - party for the kids' birthdays and a new swingset! don't have time to post about it now, but stay tuned....

happy monday, and all that rot.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said…

    Sorry you didn't get the job (hugs).
    Can't wait to hear about the party and the swingset.

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger mamashine said…

    I hate spending those big paychecks in my head, but I can't stop doing it!

    Working on your interview questions. Will email them later.

     
  • At 4:49 AM, Blogger Aimee said…

    Bummed for you - although you sound remarkably composed about the whole thing.
    And you're not the only one spending the paychecks in your head. I do that too, and they're not even my paychecks! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home