Within Me Without Me

Friday, October 12, 2007

sometimes they figure it out all on their own!

so this morning i was in a growly mood. i was running late, and trying to get myself and the kids up, dressed, fed, make lunches, etc. i've been getting to work later and later these days. and part of what gets me fuming is that i'm running and gunning to get three people out the door, and jerry gets to poke along and get just himself ready to go in a leisurely way, spending his 15 minutes in the bathroom, getting out of bed after i'm already up, showered and dressed, etc. but i bite my tongue. who has time for an argument, anyway? so instead i was just snippy with him, figuring he'd get the message anyway. a strategy that rarely works, and only results in him saying at some point, "what the hell is wrong with you today? what did i do?" which i probably deserve.

so i was feeling a little guilty this morning as i was driving in, that i left him without a kiss and with a snarl on my face, but still not too happy about the getting ready in the morning work load distribution.

but he called me, and after some civil conversation, he actually said, well maybe if i get my butt in gear and help with some of the getting the kids ready in the morning, you'd be able to get out of the house a little earlier....

wow! great idea! and then i was glad i didn't go ahead and point that fact out in a very ugly and sarcastic tone like i was going to. one fight successfully avoided.

now we'll just have to wait and see if it actually happens. and i'll try not to say that to him in that sarcastic tone that i use way too often.....

2 Comments:

  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger T with Honey said…

    That was so nice of him to call and catch on to the source of your huffiness.

    In our house we learned a long time ago that subtle or even not so subtle hints do not work. Honey and I find it much easier if we just go ahead and blow up at the other person and tell them what we want them to do instead of hoping they'll catch on and figure it out for him/herself. (Yes, I'm guilty of not being able to read his mind too) Now the rule is if you didn't make a direct request then it is your fault.

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger mamashine said…

    We had a fight very similar to that the other night at 2 am after Gilly peed the bed for the fourth night in a row and I had said it would be his turn to get up if she did it and he didn't get up and I stomped around changing sheets and getting her changed and when I got back in bed he asked me why I was MAD AT HER FOR PEEING. Um, NO! Nothing like a middle of the night fight, let me tell you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home