Within Me Without Me

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

We just had our carpets cleaned today, which makes the house look a million times better, and makes me want to keep it cleaner in general. Next step, the dogs go to the cleaners, because they're the biggest reason the carpets were so dirty to begin with. After that, who knows, I might even start vacuuming on a regular basis!

After that, we need to tackle the pile of junk in the corner of the living room. It's a bunch of old clothes, old books and an old printer that i think we were going to put on ebay. If i could get 15 bucks for the lot of it, i'd be happy.

Aidan is running in circles through the house. He loves to play baseball whenever the Astros are on. He takes his plastic bat and hits whatever ball he can find lying on the floor. Then he throws the bat down and runs for a while, until he decides he's gone far enough, then claps for himself. It's pretty funny to watch.

Sadie is sleeping finally. She didn't want to sleep all day. She wants to be in constant motion. Always being rocked or carried. I do truly believe you can't spoil a month-old baby, so I don't mind it so much now. She just needs to feel secure, and now is the only time i have to do that for her. I really don't want to go back to work, but what can you do?

So that's about it for my first post. I'll try to be more entertaining as i get used to this blogging thing!


So that's about it for my first blog.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger mamashine said…

    What is it with us and not vacuuming? It's a good thing Clay is willing to do it, because seriously I think I've done it twice in the four years we've lived here. It's understood that it's just his job.

    Remember when we broke the belt of the dorm vacuum with all our long hair on the floor and they gave us permission not to vacuum? I think that's where this all comes from...

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    Hi Carrie! Glad you have a blog so I can lurk and follow your life. :)

    Vacuuming is overrated. I want a Roomba! But our house is three floors so do I have to run it one day on each floor? And will the dog hate it as much as the regular vacuum?

    I nearly peed on myself when I heard that story about the dorm vacuum. I learned very young how to change the belt because of all the long-haired girls in my house. Anyway, it reminded me of that guy thing where you get out of doing the dishes by breaking them. :)

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    i've been spoiled at home, because cha cha vacuums. i felt terrible when she started doing it, because i don't pay her to, just to watch the baby, but she says she has nothing else to do while he sleeps, so it's ok. now that she's wathching both of them, i doubt she'll have time to vacuum. sigh. it'll be up to me now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home